Weather

Weather
Weather

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Answering some questions: weather links, blogs in a specific subject area

This is one more issue of this type of blog.  You can't easily answer a comment, so that the questioner knows your are responding to them.  I know some blogs will show posts in an outline form, but I can't figure that out.  So here go answers to a couple of the comments further down.

I can't seem to get a local weather report on my blog without signing into some site, without registering or giving out personal information.  I notice Sheryl has McMinnville-specific weather on her site, but I just haven't been able to figure out how to do that. . .

And, Bryndle, all I did to find history-specific blogs was google "U.S. History teacher blogs".  I had to spend a little time finding some that were useful to me personally, but the two I found, I'm using now for lesson plan ideas. It was worth the time for me. 

thanks for the comments, guys,
jan

3 comments:

  1. For the weather gadget - go to http://weather.blogskinny.com/?p=Weather&#Weather_Widget

    Put in the zip code that you want and it will come up with a code that you have to copy. Copy that code. Go to your design page and click to add a gadget. Click on "HTML/JavaScript". Add a title and then paste the code you copied into the dialog box then click save. You should be good to go. :o}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Sheryl. I know you asked this at the writing training, but I forgot! :)

    I'll give it a try.

    jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies you're awesome!!

    Jan, Thanks so much for specifically answering my question. Love it! I agree though, one thing that incredibly frustrates me about using blogging is that you can't easily or directly reply to comments or questions. Or maybe i just haven't figured it out quite yet :/

    ReplyDelete