Weather

Weather
Weather

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Gadgets and their effectiveness

I really appreciate how easy it is to figure out how to add features to the blog.  It didn't take me long at all to figure out how to add most features.  Still a bit confused on adding weather and video features, though.

Because it is so easy, I think teachers could definitely use it to their benefit.  It makes me more likely to set up a blog rather than a web page for my class.  My big question is privacy for children and students who don't have computers at home.  Reading Mary Yoder's comments and thinking about it, I'm wondering if I can set up one day a week when my social studies class always meets in the computer lab to use blogs and do inter-active lessons. . .

Still stuck on that privacy issue though . . .

4 comments:

  1. I know there's a way to set privacy controls on blogs so that only the kids and parents, etc. can view them, but I haven't done that yet. I would think that would be pretty important for younger kids. Mine are college-aged and can't wait to put things out for the whole world to see, lol.

    What I want to know is how you shrank the photo at the top. I need to do that! ;->

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm no help there. In fact, I had trouble with putting my first choice photo on for that very reason. This just happens to be the size of the photo.

    Maybe someone else could help us out?

    jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're weren't confused about something, I'd think you were perfect and I don't know how to deal with perfect people. Yes, the gadgets are quite user friendly, although with some exceptions.

    What was the challenge with the weather and videos?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that i may be the only person in our class who is struggling with these features and trying to figure out exactly how to work them. Can anyone help with how to creatively organize my following list and do other cool things?!

    ReplyDelete