Weather

Weather
Weather

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Appreciation for Diverse Blogs - but is it for everyone?

It has been really interesting to see the diversity in blog-creation.  I've been inspired by some of the videos to broaden my subject area of "history" to include current events and even modern art - all of which can be easily tied to history.

On the other hand, I find myself on a roller coaster, trying to decide how valuable it is overall.  I suppose that is the answer.  It's not for everyone, but it's one of the tools a teacher can use if it fits.

 

2 comments:

  1. Jan,
    I totally agree, if i could even figure out how to look for other interesting blogs to follow i know i would find some usefull stuff for my classroom. But I'm not sure i would use this as a resource FOR my classroom just because i am not the most technologically savy :) ha. (how are you searching for blogs relevant to your subject area?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree; will I use this resource immediately? I highly doubt it. Down the road? If I have a class that seems to recommend itself to a blog I will try my luck again and create one for that class specifically.

    ReplyDelete